food. lemon yogurt bread.

I've had this recipe saved for a while in my calendar - it just kept getting pushed out to bake. When I looked  at the recipe last week, I vaguely remember making this when I first started at allrecipes.com. Yes, it's a Taste of Home recipe but at that time, they were sister companies. Nate and Greg were my guinea pigs...thankfully the recipe turned out delicious! If you're looking for an easy dessert, take ten minutes to put this together. It'll be a crowd pleaser.

Lemon Yogurt Bread
Ingredients:
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 egg
1 cup (8 ounces) lemon yoghurt
1/3 cup canola oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice

Directions: 
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
In another bowl, combine the egg, yoghurt, oil and lemon juice.
Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
Pour into an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
Bake at 325° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the centre comes out clean.
Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.

Jen's Notes:
I followed the ingredients as they are. One exciting thing...I cracked the egg with one hand. Yes, to some not so exciting...it made headline news in our house.

Since I'm too lazy to figure out how to work our convection oven still learning all the different settings on our convection oven, everything I have to throw in there goes on the force fan (I think that's the setting...) and at 180 or so degrees Celsius. Everything starts at about 20 minutes and I check it from there. It took this recipe about 35 minutes to bake through.

For the original recipe, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment